- (1 teaspoon) Olive oil
- (1 medium) Onion, chopped
- (4) Garlic Cloves, minced
- (3) Carrots, diced
- (1/2 teaspoon) Thyme, dried
- (2) Bay Leaves
- (2 cups) Kale, chopped
- (14.5 ounce) Canned diced tomatoes
- (1 teaspoon) Worcestershire Sauce
- (1 teaspoon) Balsamic Vinegar
- (2 cups) Cooked beef Roast, chopped
- (1/3 cup) Barley, uncooked
- (to taste) Salt and Pepper
- (3 1/2 cups) Beef Broth
In a Dutch oven on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, carrots and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, and veggies are soft. Add all other ingredients to pan. Bring to a simmer and cover. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
***Optional Parmesan Cheese rind *** this thickens and seasons the soup. Just place it in with the rest of your ingredients before you simmer your soup.